Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Mr. Med, I would like to ask question about connecting my

Customer Question

Mr. Med, I would like to ask a follow up question about connecting my computer to a network.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better? what is your the version of your windows operating system (7, 8 or 10)

Is there any error or message when connecting your windows computer to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Mr. Med, I am not very good with computers but I am helping my boss's family to install some devices at their properly before they arrive, The cameras can be wireless or network (Ethernet connection). I am using ethernet but I can not get them to connect. They connect then disconnect. I am using a mac now because it is what they have here for their system. The cameras are Dlink ones and just basic home security cameras.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

How many cameras and computers do you have ? what is exactly the model of the cameras

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are 6 cameras and I am just using the one computer (I used a windows computer also and the same was happening) the model of the cameras is Dlink DCS-522L
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not know how to describe it but there is a program to see the video but when I access it the cameras connect them disconnect like the switch is not allowing them to stay connected.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I followed the instruction and if you could see the program it would show they are done right but I think it may be how I have them connected to the switch, also if you could see the program it shows "disconnect" after awhile then reconnects to the system.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MrMed i just was sent a link for remote connection from justanswer but i do not know what that is
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 months ago.

please Log into the admin portal for your router and Enable QoS.

reboot your router and check.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok i will do it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Router is rebooted, but it is the same. It seems to happen more when I select 1 camera as opposed to selecting to see all 6 at once.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I was speaking with MrMed

I see that. He has chosen to stop working with you. He left the conversation four minutes ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Mr. Med are you online?