Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

We just had a new modem installed this week (gh speed) and

Customer Question

We just had a new modem installed this week (high speed) and the gentleman who installed it told me that the bonding light on the modem should not be on. It wasn't on until yesterday, when he had to come back because I forgot to have him connect our two laptop computers. Today, the bonding light is on and my computer is slower than it was before the new modem was installed. I've called for assistance twice today and was on hold for about an hour the first time and decided not to stay on that long the second time. I need to know why the bonding light is on (if it's not supposed to be) and why my computer is a lot slower than it was before the new modem was installed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

what make and model is the modem and what type of service is it ? dls ? cable ? etc

have you tried just turning the modem off and on again ?

that will clear up most problems pretty quickly