GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I want to get my audiobooks purchased from Audible to free

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Kristi. I want to get my audiobooks purchased from Audible to free up space on my computer Dell.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Yikes! I'll go look
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Dell Inspiron studio 1558
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm still here
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Hi Kristi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can we do a screen sharing session and I can help you free up the space on the hard drive?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi Kristi. It's not really necessary for you have to a screen sharing session if you'd prefer not to. I am confident that I can walk you through deleting Audible books to free up space on your hard drive by providing detailed easy to follow instructions. I will need to know what Operating system you have on your computer so I can tailor the instructions specifically for your system.

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

It appears you are offline. Please post a reply when you would like to continue.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning, Kristi. I'm following up to see if you still need help. If so, perhaps these instructions will help you to locate your audible books so you can delete them:

To find the default Audible folder, go to Computer or go to your file explorer.

Stair step your way down as you open these folders:

1. Local Disk (the main hard drive of your computer)

2. Users,

3. Public

3.5 Public Documents

4. Audible

Here you should see all of your completed Audible downloads in alphabetical order by title.

Before the advent of Whispersync (which provides single file audiobooks), audiobooks over 8 hours came in Parts 1 and 2 so seeing two of the same title is normal.

Up next – time to find the back entrance of the iTunes audiobook folder on a Windows PC.

Go to your Libraries .

Stair stepping down once again open

1. Music

2. iTunes

3. iTunes Media

4. Audiobooks,

Again, if you see multiples of the same titles, you’ll do your library (and hard drive) a favor by deleting extras.

If this helps you to resolve your problem, I would appreciate a rating of 3 stars or more so that I receive credit for helping you. If you have questions BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW! I'm committed to working with you until the problem is resolved.