Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My k450e won't boot and I get the 1962 error message. How do

Customer Question

My k450e won't boot and I get the 1962 error message. How do I fix this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Good evening! The 1962 error message indicates that the operating system (Windows) cannot be found. This could indicate a failed hard drive, but much more often indicates that the Windows boot files have gotten corrupted.

Do you have a Windows recovery CD or installation discs? We'll need one or the other in order to resolve this issue. Please let me know, and I'll let you know how to proceed!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Okay. Let's check in the computer's BIOS to see if your hard drive is being detected.

From a powered-off state, please start your computer. Press F12 repeatedly as it boots up, in order to bring up the Boot menu. Then choose ENTER SETUP. Does you hard drive appear here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't see anything that says hard drive. It has system uuid. Is that it?
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.