Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Bought a Toshiba satellite laptop from neighbor before they

Customer Question

Bought a Toshiba satellite laptop from neighbor before they moved out of town. Now i can't contact them. Lissne Clennon gave me hers HUNT but I don't have his. His name is***** and he is administrator. I need help putting myself a administrator and removing them from my computer, PLEASE i HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME!!! I am not for sure which expert to choose so I guess your nominated. haha smile
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

We can carry out a system recovery to restore the laptop back to factory defaults, which will allow you to create and use a new administrator account in the process.

First off, please hold down the power button for atleast 10 seconds (continue holding even after the screen turns off) to switch off the laptop completely.

Next, press and hold the 0 (zero) key on top of the keyboard and at the same time, press the power button once to switch on your notebook (while still holding down the key.)

Does this bring up a Toshiba (recovery) window?

Please reply back using the box below; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page; it's sent out automatically by the site, and not by me. Do keep me posted below; thanks!