Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Dell 15 5000 Series laptop Intel core i3. Windows 10

Customer Question

Purchased at Wal Mart. No instructions. Was told to place a jump drive in and follow the instructions when I turned on the computer. The computer stared up and I answered the on screen questions. I added my password. I made a note of the pass word and wrote it down. My only use for this computer was to use Quicken and turbo tax. I added Quicken 2016 and felt comfortable. Knowing it was going to take me awhile to begin a new problem and began to outline how I wanted Quicken to work. I shut the computer down as I normally would. I developed part of how I wanted to work with Quicken. I turned the computer on about 45minutes later. The password ***** came up. I entered the password ***** same as wrote it down. Computer widow tells me to repeat the pass word. I now have a computer that will not use the password ***** no where to get it. At the same time the pass word on the jump drive did not work. Any solutions?.
Thank, David Kuhlman
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Hi David. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

On your Windows 10 login screen does it display your email address in addition to the

area to enter your password

does it display only your user name?