Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I get a "User profile cannot be loaded" message when I try

Customer Question

I get a "User profile cannot be loaded" message when I try to log in.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Please let me know when you're ready to continue, so i can provide you the steps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm ready now.

Okay. Please power off the system, the one that is giving you the user profile error, let me know when done

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You don't mean turn off the electrical power, do you? The system that is giving me the trouble is not on -- that is, I can't log onto it.

Now press the power button to turn the system on, and as soon as press the power button (on the system/computer) repeatedly tap/press F8 key until you see advanced boot menu, when you see this menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Let me know once you've done that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I keep hitting F8 and nothing happens.

Are you hitting it after the computer is turned on ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I turned the power off, then back on, hit F8 repeatedly but nothing happened.

after powering it on at what stage did you start hitting f8 key? it has to be pressed continuously soon as the system turns on

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought it was right after the power went on. Do I keep pressing the key or press it and hold it down? Do you want me to try again from the beginning?

Yes, please try again. Power off, then power it back and then keep pressing the key quickly and repeatedly, try starting the process as soon as you press the power button on the system to turn it on and continue pressing f8 key until you see the advanced boot menu

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I get F8 to work how do I stay in touch with you?

You're talking to me from a different device right?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Actually, no. I'm on the same computer on which I'm having the problem. But I had a back up to what I'm trying to log on to that is working. So that's the one I contacted you on. But it's the same computer on which the non-working system is on. What's the terminology for this -- what am I trying to log on to? What is it called?

Basically, you need to restore the profile to a point when the system was working. The issue usually is prompted at the logon. May i connect with you remotely to see/troubleshoot this directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tell me what to do.

I sent you the request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps to connect with me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is that going to cost me $39 more? Over and above the $36 I'm committed to?

The remote is an additional service for $39 (YES). If you don't want remote, we can continue here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would be charged a total of $75? Is that correct?

I am not sure how much you initially paid but the $39 will be in addition to it. You can clarify this with billing (*****@******.***) since i am a tech only, i have limited access to billing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The billing said there was a $5 deposit and a $31 fee. I don't know how much I've been charged so far and I do not want to proceed until I know exactly where I am regarding these charges. I've used JustAnswer several times in the past and the charge has always been $36 and we've done the repairs via remote. So let me know my exact charges before we continue.

You can clarify the charges with JustAnswer now by phoning them on 1(###) ###-#### ***** i do not have access to billing i cannot help with billing related questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, I will call them but let's end this session for today. I do not have any more time to spend on this. If I get back on this tomorrow, is there a way I can get you to work on it?

Not a problem. Yes, you can bookmark this page or from your e-mail you can click the response button from the email sent by JustAnswer to get back to this page.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All right. I'm signing off for today. Thank you.

Welcome. Take Care :)

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you havent fixed this issue yet.. All that needed to be done was run a system restore from the windows profile you can load from.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.