Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I am trying to embroider with my Pfaff Creative 4.0 and

Customer Question

I am trying to embroider with my Pfaff Creative 4.0 and version 4D of the embroidery software. The message I get is "Windows System error. Please close and restart all software." How do I do this?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: For some time. I gather that it is a rather common problem Recently I have had my laptop computer, sewing machine and embroidery machine all serviced. I called Pfaff software support last week and they were supposed to email instructions, which I have yet to receive.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 7; Pfaff Creative 4.0 machine & embroidery unit.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What I just described; calling Pfaff, and now talking with you. My local Pfaff dealer's response was to call Pfaff support.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Only that I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO wINDOWS 10.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Upgrading to windows 10 would cause even more issues with your Pfaff software and embroidery machine.

Id recommend not to upgrade to windows 10, if you enjoy using the software and machine itself. With that being said, I can help you resolve the error you are having with the software on windows 7.

How do you want me to proceed.

A) I can connect to your computer from here via secure remote assistance and repair the issue personally, on screen.

B) I can guide you via written support instead.

How do you want to proceed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would prefer written support. Thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

All right.. One more question.

When was the last time you remember your software worked correctly?

A few days ago, a week, a month, etc?

Was it only working before you had the laptop serviced, or was it working at any point after that?

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Your yahoo account, is it an ATT yahoo account , or does your account end with only

Also, are you a paying AT&T member, such as for home phone service, TV, or cell phone service?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It worked fine about a year ago when I was doing some embroidery I did nothing different, but had the same Windows error message before I had everything cleaned/serviced.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

What I suggest, is downloading the 6d version of the software from this page.

As the newer software will work better with windows 7.

Also, id suggest updating the Creative 4.0 machine itself by following the steps on this page

Once you hav e installed the new 6d software, and also once you have updated the machine itself. You shouldnt get that error message anymore.

let me know if you get stuck, or run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate your attempts to guide me, but I am giving up now. Please disregard my questions. Thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

If you change your mind and want me to connect directly to your computer and fix this issue personally, thats always an option. and it takes the headache and frustration out of the repair process.