Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Can't save files -- have Windows 10 and WordPerfect 8. Tried

Customer Question

Can't save files -- have Windows 10 and WordPerfect 8. Tried changing the compatiblilty mode to 8 -- but locks up then
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: several months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Microsoft online -
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 10 HP laptop
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please open up WordPerfect, and then carry out the following steps:

Click on the Tools menu at the top, and then click Settings.

Now, click on the "Files" tab in the Settings window, and then UNTICK the "Use enhanced file dialogs" option listed.

Click OK. You should now be able to save files all right using the program.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service at the top of this page, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page; it's sent automatically by our site, and not by me. Do keep me posted on the results; thank you.