Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Printhead problem : 't print all that often, got it

Customer Question

printhead problem
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: don't print all that often, got it yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: replaced ink, have no idea where the printhead is, tried to clean the printhead and align the printhead, neither worked.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: what is the cost??
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: is my printer cover under warranty??
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** let me know make and model no. of the printer ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HP officejet pro 6830
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know the exact error message, which you get on the printer ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how do i find that number?? all it says is there is a problem with the printhead
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Do you get the error message on the printer screen ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you still there??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry to have bothered you, cancel the charge on my credit card.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

I am here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do i have to sign up for the free trial to get an answer, if so we can end this now.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

You have already done that, as you have posted the question.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Actually we are facing some technical problem that is why you are getting me replies late.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Please try to print from the PC and let me know, what error message do you get on the PC ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
printer needs user intervention
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Please remove all the cartridges from the printer then turn off the printer, clean the gold contacts on the cartridges and inside the printer with a cotton swab dampened in IP alcohol and then, reseat the cartridges and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
got the same thing, there is a problem with the printhead
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Please open the link below and follow the steps then, let me know how it goes for you.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/7107898/document/c03026717

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry it took so long, HP will possibly be replacing my printer, and or sending a new print head.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Don't worry but I am doing some research on this problem, I saw that this is a very common problem with this particular model and unfortunately, you may face this same problem with the replacement also. Anyway, good luck for the replacement, please let me know if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.