Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Internet explorer and yahoo are very very slow : 2-3 days :

Customer Question

internet explorer and yahoo are very very slow
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2-3 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: deleted temporary internet files
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I tried to accept your request for remote support.. It said payment failed. This can sometimes happen if your bank or cr edit card company blocks payment, and that can be cleared up with a quick call.

I will send the remote assistance offer back to you so you can click and approve it when you are ready.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What's going on? Did my credit card get charged for anything?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I have no way of seeing your account or knowing if you were charged or not.

Whats g oing on is I tried to accept your request for remote support, So I could connect and fix this issue for you.

It said payment failed when I tried to accept that offer. This can sometimes happen if your bank or cr edit card company blocks payment, and that can be cleared up with a quick call.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was charged $ 36. What do I get for that? are you asking to pay an additional $39? Feel free to call me
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

If you want to proceed on just the 36$, we can.. That charge gets you written support.

if you wanted remote support or phone support, that would be an extra fee. Im going to continue assuming you want written support.

So lets start with a repair to internet explorer.

First, close internet explorer completely, all windows.

Then, press and hold the windows key on your keyboard and t hen press R

Now, in the open / run box type in inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.

On the page that shows up, click advanced, then click reset, then click to remove personal data.

Then, internet explorer will reset and restart.

Then, try internet explorer and yahoo again.. If they are still slow. Download and ru n this free program next

http://www.surfright.nl/en

Have it scan, then have it delete anything it finds and restart your computer.

These steps should fix the issue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Dustin: I reset the personal data. I have lost all my favorites now. That is terrible. Can I get it back?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I did mention that it would reset all personal data.

Sometimes were able to get the favorites back, but first lets focus on the browser itself.

Does it open and run normally now> Does yahoo open? Is it still slow?