Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I was trying to get my mail, I could not understand the mail

Customer Question

I was trying to get my mail, I could not understand the mail all in one. So it had a number come up on my computer, free 1-***-***-****. This guy asked me what computers was I using. I said the lap top I was on and my I-pad. He said what do you use it for. I said, mail for My Heritage and yahoo. I said I touched the number to help me with my mail. Well he started all this computer work no said I had a big virus. I asked, how I was just working on them! He said for only $199.00 They could fix my virus. I said no, I had no virus before he called and I am retired and have no no money. He then said he could fix it for just $99.00. I again said I have no money. He said you don't have $99.00. I said NO. He said sorry, and that was it. I started to use my Norton to see if in fact I had a virus, no I didn't in the end, but he was still on my computer, so I called a said he was on my computer, this guy said he wasn't, but he kept turning off my Norton. I then said very loud get him off and I was going to report them. He again said he wasn't on. He said give him a minute. Well when he came back a few minutes later it showed he turn off he session. I said I just saw he turned it off. Oh, no he said. I said yes he did. Know to the worst part, he took off my passwords and on my iPad he took all my gmail off. I had 500 and some, almost all from My Heritage, which I pay for. I ad said Google will hep me get to my mail, well you see what happened, and I am not good at getting my mail back, just what happens now? And how many people are they doing this to? I would like to. Get a quick as you can answer, I need my mail back and what ever else he did. This happened, Monday about 6:00. June 13, 2016. I couldn't find out how to report.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, I need to know what type of computer you have, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 or 10?

Or do you have a mac?

Also, is it only your gmail messages that are missing, or are you experiencing other issues?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.