Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I have Windows XP and need to upgrade. What are my options?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

unfortunately Windows XP isn't eligible for the free update to Windows 10. That means you will have to buy a licence and do a clean installation of Windows 10, also if you wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 from XP you'd have to bakup you files and wipe your hard disk and start again.

let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

do you still need help please ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I buy a license online or do I go to Best Buy to buy one? Will I lose any of my info when I upgrade?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Yes you can buy a license from Best Buy, also You can buy it online through Microsoft : https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-10-Home/productID.319937100 For your second question, you need to backup all your data before upgrading.

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated.

If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you very much

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just spoke to Steven at Microsoft and he gave me some great information about getting a new laptop, which makes a lot of sense as my current one is outdated. I appreciate your help with my questions and thank you for your time.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome :)

Please do not forget to rate my answer positively

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Note : Only rate of you are 100% satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisified.

regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mr Med was helpful in answering my queries.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Thank you a lot

if you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below

regards,