Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I have a Samsung TV, Smart, Model #UN55D6000SF, Model

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV, Smart, Model #UN55D6000SF, Model Code:UN55D6000SFXZA, Version No: H302, S/N: z2z73CXBA20462Z. It won't play Amazon Premier Movies. Netflix does well on it. Chromecast works with it OK. Is there software I can connect to so that I can see Movies, etc. from Amazon Premier?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, this is not an option on this tv.

It does not support amazon, even though the app may show, support for the app was ended by samsung.

The marketing agreement between samsung and amazon ended and samsung opted not to renew it therefor your tv and most other models prior to 2014 are no longer able to use the amazon app. The only way that would change is if samsung had a new agreement, which realistically won't happen, they won't pay for services on discontinued models.

You can continue using via chromecast, a roku, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and support.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,