Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a asus k53e laptop whose bios has been incorrectly

Customer Question

I have a asus k53e laptop whose bios has been incorrectly flashed. Itmis now dead. Wont boot. Is there anyway to reflash the bios from another computer source
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Theres a small chance you can reflash the bios.. Heres how

Format a usb memory stick with FAT32, then download the original BIOS from the asus site,l, rename it K53SV.BIN and than copy it onto the usb memory stick. Then,

Remove the laptop's HDD, and than, with the laptop shut down, press and hold simultaneously CTRL and HOME keys, power on the laptop, than in about 2 seconds after you press power , release all keys... After that watch the usb memory sticks LED light to see if the BIOS is flashing: if the led light is flashing, give it about 5 to ten minutes to finish flashing the bios.

If that doesnt work, then you will either need to replace the bios chip or the motherboard. You can get a low cost motherboard here if needed

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.