Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My server has always been pop..net. But it somehow got

Customer Question

My server has always been pop.cox.net. But it somehow got changed to smtp.cox.net. As a result it keeps asking me for a name and password ***** are not my REAL name and password. User Name is cmwessel. Password ***** ***** What should I do to get it back to normal?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: To my knowledge I never in my life reset either of them. However, friends have tried to help, but in the end may have screwed my computer up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to find the "Settings" page, but can't even do that anymore.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thanks. Just get my computer back to how it was before my 'friends' tried to help me. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** drive is your CD/DVD drive or a partition of the hard drive ?