Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a new HP laptop computer that uses Microsoft10. My

Customer Question

I have a new HP laptop computer that uses Microsoft10. My present Dell desktop computer uses Microsoft7 (I'd like to keep). I have not been able to use my laptop, because none of the passwords I have set up for my Dell, will work on the laptop. Is this something I should expect?
I also have received the gift of an iPhone4S that may be causing problems, since I am trying to get it set up at the same time. I don't know how to use the iPhone either.
What do I need to know first, and how do I work with these devices?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you start the Windows 10 laptop, the HP. Does it show an email address on the sign in screen and ask for a password?

If so, who is that email address with,,,, etc? Just the company your email is with or the part that comes after the @ sign. Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you waiting for me to add something?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
New question: Suddenly, my Mocrosoft word docs have a paragraph symbol at the end of the line.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ok, So when you turn on the windows 10 computer before it boots into windows, its asking for a password ***** your account, and you cannot get past that.. Correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you for the premium service offered.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says the Microsoft password ***** *****
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I fixed the paragraph symbol problem/question.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
PLEASE JUST REFUND MY GOOD FAITH $5 I'd like to bail out. I am 80 years old, and I am just confused by the lack of a reply or answer from Dustin.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can I rate you when you haven't corresponded with me except for one question, which I answered? I don't want offers for more services. Nothing further from you, not even a note saying you got my reply to your question.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am falling asleep here, Dustin. Goodbye!
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

If its saying the microsoft password ***** ***** What you need to do is go to this link

On this page, we will be resetting your windows / microsoft password ***** windows 10..

To do this, we must enter your full email address from beginning to end including the @ sign, it has to match what windows 10 is asking for.

T hen, have it send a password ***** form to you by email.

Then, log into your road runner email, open the link from microsoft and reset the password. ( Note, this isnt changing your roadrunner password ***** get into your email. Its changing the windows / microsoft password for your microsoft account, which is what the computer needs to log in)

Once you have set a new microsoft password ***** your RR account.. Shut down the windows 10 computer and start it and then try logging in with that new password.

let me know whether this works or not, and we will discuss our next steps.. ( When you are next available )

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you on this issue.

Did you still need help?

Dustin S