Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a business check scanner attached to my computer. I

Customer Question

Hi. I have a business check scanner attached to my computer. I cannot use it. I get an error message stating the ranger api is unable to communicate with the scanner. There is a log somewhere that explains the problem, but I cannot find the log file. Do you have any ideas where the log file may be or how to fix this problem?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a desktop running windows 10. I think its an ASUS with a fairly high end chip. I can try to find the info and cut and paste it here. The scanner worked until today.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to unplug and plug in the scanner. Checked the USB connection. Updated some out of date USB drivers. None of this worked.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Whats the name brand and model of the check scanner you have?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.