Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Please let me know if i can renew a warranty on a old

Customer Question

please let me know if i can renew a warranty on a old GATEWAY LT4008u.
my email:***@******.***. Thank you!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Gateway wont offer an extended warranty on older machines. And even if they did, the warranty would only cover parts, not software and viruses. It sounds like what you need is a service plan, for tech support.

With that being said, I can help you as a one time session and help you get the machine working. Or we do offer a monthly subscription program where you can ask for as much help as needed down the line.

As far as the issue today. I assume your still able to power the computer on?

If so, shut the computer down.. Then press power and immediately press and hold the ALT and F10 key.

That should take you into a recovery menu, where you can factory restore the machine, getting rid of the virus and reinstalling windows in a few easy steps.

Try to access the recovery manager and let me know if your able to get it started, or if you run into any issues. If your able to finish the recovery process the machine should run as well as it can after the restore completes.

**just keep in mind, a factory restore will erase your pictures, files, documents, and any programs you personally installed, and will leave the computer in the condition it was when you first turned it on and pulled it out of the box.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.