Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a 268D3 error message that comes up on one of my aol

Customer Question

i have a 268D3 error message that comes up on one of my aol names (but not on this one).
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Since yesterday when i clicked on a linkedin message that I should have avoided.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When i go under that screen name the 268D3 error popup comes up and I am unable to click on anything else.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 6 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

268D3 is a false error, caused by a adware. Which web browser are you using?

Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, you can accept the offer of remote.
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I use either aol or google (depending on which area i happen to type in).

Please download AdwCleaner and run it, scan and clean the system with it. Once done, let me know and we will reset browsers to completely get rid of the adware/browser-hijacker. Alternatively, you can take the remote service and i can do all the cleaning for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll go with the remote service.

Please click Accept Offer to accept it then follow steps here to connect me to your computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sent approval to pay the $5 and then the $31. My bank said I was also charged $39 but I canceled that one.

The $39 is an additional/optional service for remoting in as stated above. If you don't want remote, we can continue here that's not a problem. Please download AdwCleaner and run it, scan and clean the system with it. Once done, let me know and we will reset browsers to completely get rid of the adware/browser-hijacker.