Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

A FEW MONTHS AGO I CANCELLED THE I TUNES MUSIC PROGRAM ON MY

Customer Question

A FEW MONTHS AGO I CANCELLED THE I TUNES MUSIC PROGRAM ON MY I PHONE. I DID NOT REALIZE THAT WHEN I CANCELLED THE MEMBERSHIP ALL OF THE SONGS I HAD STORED WOULD BE DELETED AND NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO PLAY FROM MY PHONE. THAT WAS NOT TOLD TO ME AND I THOUGH I WOULD RETAIN ALL THAT I HAD DOWNLOADED. I WOULD HAVE NEVER CANCELLED THE APP IF I HAD KNOWN THAT. I HAVE SINCE REJOINED AND AM PAYING THE MEMBERSHIP EVERY MONTH. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ALL I HAD DOWNLOADED BEFORE IS STORED SOMEWHERE AND I WOULD BE ABLE TO RESTORE IT ALL BACK TO MY I PHONE?
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS POSSIBLE AS I HAD HUNDREDS!!!!!!!! OF SONGS STORED. ALL OLDIES THAT I HAD WORKED HARD TO GET A GOOD REPRESENTATION FROM THE 50"S AND 60'S.
THANKS
WAYNE EPPERSON ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

it it was cancelled for less than 30 days it should come back

go into settings and turn icloud music ON

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cloud music was never turned off and I did reinstate the Acct within 30 days but the music library has not returned.
Amy suggestions to restore the songs?

I assume that you checked for the icloud music and did not just assume it was never turned off ?

have you got a computer ?

you should be able to look in the itunes in the computer and see whether the songs are there

you can re download them using the instructions on this page

http://ipodiphoneitunestutorials.com/iTunesTutorials/re-download-lost-deleted-music-already-purchased-from-itunes-store.php

it should carry over to the ipad if you are using the same apple id