Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have a Dell Inspiron 15, I have tried calling from my

Customer Question

I have a Dell Inspiron 15, I have tried calling from my computer but I hear often from others that they cannot hear me, or that the connection is bad. When i use the setup tool to test my microphone, I find taht my normal speech barely registers above the softer sound detected. I remember seeing somewhere that the computer's natural microphone isn't compatible with Windows 10...how do I configure a microphone that will transmit my voice normally?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try plugging an accessory microphone into the computer's sound card's microphone port. That may be the best and surest remedy for this problem.

Or, if you haven't, go into the Audio Mixer or the Volume Control, and turn the microphone louder, or use the Microphone Boost / Mike boost option.

If you cannot find the Microphone volume control, try selecting the Recording options in the Volume Control's Properties.