Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an IOMEGA storage device with 1000's of pictures and

Customer Question

I have an IOMEGA storage device with 1000's of pictures and documents on it created using Windows XP. I now have a new computer using Windows 7. I am now unable to
access anything on the IOMEGA with my new computer. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanwer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, I would suggest connecting your IOMEGA storage to your old Window Windows, use an external disk drive: DVD disk, USB flash drive, or another storage device to back up your files.

After that go back to your Windows 7, click on start then in the search box type diskmgmt.msc Find your iomega drive, It shouldn't have a drive letter, See if it shows as Dynamic, Right click and Select convert to Basic, restart your computer and check.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

If you can't take it back to the computer that recognizes it, you can connected to windows 7 and follow the previous steps : (But there is a possibility that all your data will be lost.)

Click on start then in the search box type diskmgmt.msc Find your iomega drive, It shouldn't have a drive letter, See if it shows as Dynamic, Right click and Select convert to Basic, restart your computer and check.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?