Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Windows 10 downloaded without my permission! I am now only

Customer Question

Windows 10 downloaded without my permission! I am now only able to get an introduction page! After I put in my PIN number I get a blank page and a white cursor - absolutely nothing more! I am disgusted!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: I have a Dell laptop and I believe I am running Windows 8 but of course I cannot get anything from the computer to verify!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I have been resisting Windows 10 for weeks, always closing the suggestion of a download by closing the box. Now they have done this without my permission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** 10 cannot be downloaded without your permission, because for upgrading to Windows 10 the user have to accept terms and condition and then click a download button on the Microsoft website. Anyway, can you explain what type of introduction page you are getting and do you get it , everytime you start the PC ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I get A date page with time and a photo
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Every time
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Did you set the date and time and then click on the Next button ?