Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

My Lenovo v570 freezed, I powered it off and restart, but it

Customer Question

My Lenovo v570 freezed, I powered it off and restart, but it started "startup repaire" no matter which mode I selected. I also follow your instruction n try to do system restor, but a message said " system restore fail, system restore failed to extract the file (D:\program files(x86)\Google\Chrome\apllication\50.0.2661.94\nad64.exe) from the restore point. This might be cause by bad sector of the disk......" What should I do now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi Customer: the symptoms you've experienced (combined with the error you described above) are indicative of a failed internal hard drive. The hard drive is the component which stores all of your computer's data. An "average" lifespan for this component is 5-7 years; the V570, having been released 5 years ago, is right in the middle of this age window.

Your computer is repairable, but service will need to be performed at a qualified repair shop. Repairing your computer will require:

• A replacement hard drive
  • Your original Windows recovery media

The replacement hard drive can be purchased at any computer parts retailer, and a similar model to what your computer shipped with will run about $60. The recovery media should have shipped with your computer. If it did not, you can purchase this directly from Lenovo for about $75.

Note that this issue means that any data formerly saved on your hard drive is lost. If you have any files of great importance, specialized data recovery companies do exist...but they're services are VERY expensive.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least you know what you are dealing with! If you have any additional questions, please let me know.