GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

On setting up my new computer today I lost track of my pin

Customer Question

On setting up my new computer today I lost track of my pin and cannot log in.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. If you have forgotten your pin, you'll need to click on sign-in option and choose to sign in with your password. I have attached a screenshot to show you what too look for. Once you have logged in with password, you can here is no option to retrieve the lost PIN. The only thing you can do to reset the Windows 10 PIN is set up a NEW pin. To reset the Windows Pin for Windows 10 machine, go to Setting –> Accounts –> Sign-in Options and click on I forgot my PIN.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you don't know your password, or need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

My apologies. I forgot to attach the screen shot. Here it is. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your answer sounds easy enough if only I could get in. There's no way as I see it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The snippet you sent looks nothing like mine. There's no choice.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a computer with windows 10 or is this a tablet of some sort? I assumed it was Windows 10, but if I am wrong please let me know.

On the login screen do you see sign-in options? If so, please click that and you should see the icons that you can click on to choose the way that you sign in