Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Dell Inspiron is running Windows 7. Today I got a blue

Customer Question

My Dell Inspiron is running Windows 7. Today I got a blue screen saying there was a problem with windows and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to my computer.
Whatever route I decide to use leads me back to the window. There is a long line of Technical information at the bottom. I can send it if it helps.
What do I do to get it back on line?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try some repairs.. To start with.. Shut down the computer.

Then press power to start it, and as soon as you press power rapidly tap the f8 key..

It should bring up an advanced boot menu including safe mode.. Choose safe mode.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.