Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have multiple Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 drives that my

Customer Question

I have multiple Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 drives that my husband used in his tower; they are in removable drawers from the tower. That tower is no longer functional and I would like to find out how to connect these to my laptop to review the files on them and save whatever I need. My husband died earlier this year, so I can't ask him if there is anything worth saving. Is there a cable for this? Someone thought maybe an EDI to Sata adapter?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a Lenovo Yoga, running Windows 10
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, you can get a IDE (PATA) to USB adapter or enclosure from your local computer / electronics store, such as Best Buy. Then you can connect a maxtor hard drive to the adapter / enclosure, then connect the adapter / enclosure to the laptop, then you can get the files out from the Maxtor hard drive.

Do you have any further question for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you still need help with this issue, and/or do you have any further question?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.