Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Yahoo mail won't recognize the new password I set up. I was

Customer Question

Yahoo mail won't recognize the new password ***** set up. I was validated and they accepted my new password ***** when I go to sign back in, it says the new password ***** match my email
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: Just today
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I set my new password ***** and it worked until this morning, So I had them send me a temp password ***** access my account and I set up a new password. Got into the mail, found what I wanted, logged off. Went back about an hour later used the new password ***** it said it didn't recognize the password ***** the email account.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when you set your new password.. How and why exactly did you do so.. Did you receive an email or message telling you to change your password?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm on the computer at work in my office. I believe its Windows 7. It's not a Mac. Yes I received a message from Yahoo saying I needed to reset my password ***** someone from Chile tried to hack into the mail.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

That message itself, was the actual hacker tricking you into giving your old password ***** order to take control of your yahoo account.

Our window to stop this and recover your account may already be up. So time is of the essence.

For that reason, Im sending you an offer for remote support at the lowest cost I can so we can connect and try to fix this issue before its too late.

D.S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't authorize access to the computer's computers.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Would a phone support session work better for you then?