Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an old version of citrix - 4.5 presentation server

Customer Question

I have an old version of citrix - 4.5 presentation server and 3.1 secure gateway. access through my secure gateway is not working after having to reboot the SG - does anybody know this older version?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

And are you running Sg 3.1 or 3.1.1 ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
windows server 2003 it's SG 3.1
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I think to start with.. You should try updating your Sg to 3.1.1 or 3.1.3

This page will help you do so.

http://www.dabcc.com/upgrading-to-citrix-secure-gateway-3-1-3/

Once updated, test again.. We may need to do further repairs but this is where we should start.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
just curious, what's your reason for that?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Unless you were using system state on server 2003 and manually saving or had it set to save restore points, to go back to a point before the issue started.

The update in my mind is a neccessity. I never understimate the power of an update especially since your running 3.1 flat.

If im wrong, at least your running the newest version of SG 3 and we can rule that out as a possible cause.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's not the newest version. It's still old and unsupported
This was a bad idea for support please cancel this transaction and refund I am not satisfied with this direction
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Old and unsupported, is what you need when running server 2003, which is also old.. And no longer supported.

But no tech support session will ever work if youre not willing to try the suggestions made.

Ill opt out at this point, best of luck.

D.S

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0