GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I have a notice on my desk top that says you are about to

Customer Question

I have a notice on my desk top that says you are about to install Windows 10. I do NOT want windows 10 and have been working for the last 3 or 4 days to get rid of your notice. A supervisor named John worked until noon yesterday to remove the notice. He assured me it was done and I would have no further notices and would email me a case number. I never did get the email and today your notice is back!!! If I end up with Windows 10 on my home desktop there will be hell to pay! Is it such a bad program that you need to sneak it into peoples computers? If you haven't noticed, I am pissed and I am usually a pretty easy going person but this has been an absolute waste of too much of my time. Is there any possibility that this can be resolved without wasting any more of my day? My name is***** my cell phone is(###) ###-#### ***** email is***@******.***. A case number ***** do have from a Microsoft tech from 5/31/16 is#1341590981.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hello Howard. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. I am independent contractor for JustAnswer. we are not affiliated with Microsoft but in most cases we can fix your Microsoft problems as quickly, if not more quickly than Microsoft. I can provide detailed instructions for fixing this, or if you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

It not a complicated process at all to block the Windows 10 upgrade. I'm not sure your previous technician couldn't block it permanently for you. In any case, here are the steps :

To block the upgrade by using Computer Configuration, follow these steps:

1. Click Computer Configuration.
  2. Click Policies.
  3. Click Administrative Templates.
  4. Click Windows Components.
  5. Click Windows Update.
  6. Double-click Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update.
  7. Click Enable.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

We do guarantee our services 100% If we are unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you can contact Customer Service via phone, chat, or email to request a full refund. You can click on the link below for contact information.