Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

How do reset my lenovo laptop to default settings? : 3087

Customer Question

How do reset my lenovo laptop to default settings?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: 3087 model and used windows 10
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Lenovo EE boot optimizer keeps shutting the down. I hear a clicking sound and the system does not respond to mouse commands until I shut id off and restart it. too much of a headache...please help!
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No....I even removed the optimizer, but the problem is still on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

Before you go with a factory reset, i would suggest we try to troubleshoot the issue either remotely or via instructions.

There are two ways we can continue.

The Remote Service, where i will connect to your system and troubleshoot the issue myself. The remote service will help in a quicker resolution of your issue, and will minimize the chances of "you" making a mistake whilst performing the steps. The other option is to instruct you, where i will provide the instructions and you will follow them. Let me know how you wish to proceed.