Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician

My ps4 would go to storage status check when I turned it on

Customer Question

my ps4 would go to storage status check when I turned it on and when it completed it turned off and would repeat the process and Ive tried to do the download but it says my usb storage devise isn't in. what should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

Try to start in Safe mode:

Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode

1. Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
  3. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

Safe Mode Options

The following options are available in Safe Mode:

1. Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
    This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.