Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am very angry at the moment. I spent the entire day trying

Customer Question

I am very angry at the moment. I spent the entire day trying to make my new computer fax a message to a very short distance.. I allowed windows 10 to be installed on my computer since I only fax maybe twice per year. I read that it could be done on the computer under fax and scan. Does it work on windows 10 home . I think it might work on windows 10 professional. But why when they were promoting windows 10 did the tell us it would not work for all items advertised. I tok it because it was a free item and took overnight to install.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

does your computer have a fax modem installed in it ? The feature won't work without the hardware. if you have an all in one printer that works as a fax machine you can also use that but to be honest if its only a couple of faxes its easier to print it out and fax it manually.

there are programs that will let you fax through the web but there is a charge to use them. However you can get a 30 day free trial and get the fax you need sent at least

http://www.fax.com/index.jsp?