Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My asus combination laptop/tablet was getting funky. left

Customer Question

my asus combination laptop/tablet was getting funky. left and right click were not responding as expected, the cursor was moving all over the place, so i attempted a system restore which would wipe out my programs, leave my data alone, and reinstall windows,
This model is a Transformer book Flip tp300ld which was shipped with win 8.1 which was upgraded to win 10.
on reboot, I was asked for the microsoft pw not the shortcut. once i entered the password, the machine just froze up. I cannot locate any of my documentation or restore disks (If i ever created them) but I have been in and out of the hospital so many times in recent months. that many things have gone astray.+
Can you get me up and running again?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The easiest and quickest way for us to work through this, would be through phone support where we can work on the issue together in real time.

If youd like to try phone support let me know, and I can send you that offer so we can get started.

With that being said, currently, if you press power and hold it down for 30 seconds until the machine shuts off. And then turn the machine back on.. Will it go to the windows login screen?

If so, dont try to login.. As there are some repairs we can initiate, but only from that login screen.

Thank you for your reply,

Dustin S