Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

MSI laptop. Powers up to MSI screen and rotating circle

Customer Question

MSI laptop. Powers up to MSI screen and rotating circle appears as usually but nothing further happens. Does not go to desktop
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your MSI? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: MSI GE 70 20E-017US, Windows 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing, it is frozen
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: laptop is 2 yrs old and no problems. Just happened today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mistake not mentioning it also says "preparing for automatic repair" under the rotating circle. Battery was removed, power cord was disconnected, and power button held down for 30 seconds. No luck...
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Have you tried completing the automatic repair?

Do you have a Windows disc with you?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

Thank you.

S H E F I N