Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Kindle driver not showing up on pc

Customer Question

kindle driver not showing up on pc
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It sounds like you are trying to install the Kindle for Pc program. You can install it from this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download/

Once downloaded, open and run the file and it will install kindle for PC.. Once installed, if you sign into your amazon / kindle account on the kindle for pc program, you will be able to view and read your library that way.

if you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** i was trying to ask is my PC does not recognize my Kindle as one of the portable drives when I connect the USB. I am trying to download the Kindle updates on my PC and then drag and drop them to the Kindle however I cannot since my computer does not recognize my Kindle. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Understood.. What model of Kindle do you have specifically?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
5th generation (not a Fire)
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

All right, is this the update youve been trying to install?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201064850

If so, if you connect the kindle to your wireless network.. It should be able to automatically download and install the update. And unless you had automatic updates off, if you have been connected to your wireless network recently its probably already downloaded and installed the update.

If you check these settings

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.

What firmware version are you showing listed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4.1.1
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Ok, when you plug your kindle into the computer.. Do you hear the usb connection sound?

Also, if you check the device manager, do you see anything strange, unknown, or not working there?

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Did you still need help with this issue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you found out the two usb cords were not working. Third was a charm
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

I thought it might be a usb issue.. Which is why I asked if when you plugged it in your heard the usb connection sound.

If you dont hear a sound, or you hear the sound constantly pinging like its being unplugged and plugged in, its a cord issue.

Glad to hear the issue is solved.

Dustin S.