GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

2. How can I access the Windows 10 work/help book so I can

Customer Question

2. How can I access the Windows 10 work/help book so I can learn how to use it? When I downloaded this free program I believe it came with a very large instruction book that I cannot locate on my computer now. I need learn how to use this computer, otherwise, what is the point??
3. Where can I look for help setting-up and using Cortana?
4. Now that I've found you for help, I hope I am at the right place to get help, If I am not there, please refer me to the appropriate site. I have a lot more questions but I'm hoping the Windows 10 instructions will get me started.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi Charlotte. My name is Alison. I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. You have several issues it seems. My first recommendation is to get a good antivirus program. Avast has a free one that is very good . I use it in conjunction with Malware Bytes Antimalware and have never had a problem. with viruses, malware, spyware or hackers. I can provide links for you to download the software and instructions for installation. I also, recommend that you do a thorough cleaning before installation as there may already be potentially unwanted programs,. add-ons, spyware and malware. This is not as complicated as it may at first sound. I can provide detailed, clear, and concise instructions for cleaning it. It's not surprising that you've had to take in several times. Most local techs don't install good protection because it is to their advantage to have you bring it in repeatedly. That's my first recommendation, a good thorough cleaning, followed by preventive and protective programs like Avast antivirus and Malware Bytes.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

The other questions are related and pertain to how to use Windows 10. Please give me just a few minutes to provide instructions and links to some good training materials, and to provide links to the programs that I mentioned and instructions for cleaning. If you'd like, I can do the cleaning and the installation and setup of the programs for you. I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Avast Free for Windows 10 - http://www.avast.com

Malware Bytes - www.malwarebytes.org

Note- they also offer a free version but I believe it it is only valid for 14 days

I have attached a pdf file file with complete instructions for cleanup.

It's a lot to digest, I know, so I'll give you a bit of time, then I'll send links and how-to's for training materials.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

One of the best ways to learn more about Windows 10 is to visit the "Get Started with Windows 10" web page from Microsoft. to begin, just click on the link below.

Get Started with Windows 10

I've also attached a pdf guide to setting up Cortana.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you untilyour questions are answered to your satisfaction.

Please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!