Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

The camera on my S7 Edge has stopped working. Is there an

Customer Question

The camera on my S7 Edge has stopped working. Is there an easy fix?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, When did this start? What is happening when you attempt to use the camera ?

Are you receiving any type of error message?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My camera was working until early this morning. Now I can't use it from the icon on the home page. I get the message "Unfortunately, the camera has stopped." I can't use it either from WhatsApp. I get the message "Can't start."
Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

some users are reporting the same problem, Please Backup all your important data and try a hard reset by holding down the Home and Power buttons at the same time until you feel the phone vibrate and restart. If restarting hasn’t fixed it, go to : Settings > Applications > Application manager and open the Camera app. Tap Force Stop and then, in the Storage menu, select Clear Data and Clear Cache.

Hopefully that’s resolved the issue but if not press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together until you see the Samsung logo and then release. This launches the S7’s Android system recovery mode. Tap the Volume Down button to scroll down the list of options and then select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ by pressing the Power button. With the cache wiped, restart the phone and see if the issue has been fixed.

If the problem persists, return the phone to shop you bought it from or contact Samsung about repairs.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Note : Only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help.

regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer didn't help me. I can't find the settings you desvribed. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please Backup all your important data and try one of the solutions below :

Solution 1 :

Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time until you feel the phone vibrate and restart.

Solution 2 :

From the menu go to Settings > Applications > Application manager and open the Camera app

Tap Force Stop and then on the Storage menu select Clear Data and Clear Cache.

Solution 3 :

• Power off your device.
  • Wait for a few seconds while your phone is shutting down.
  • Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously to get into Recovery mode.
  • Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select an option in Recovery mode.
  • choose wipe cache partition.
  • When done, go back to main recovery menu.
  • Select reboot system now

Solution 4 :

• Open the Settings app.
  • Choose Backup & Restore > Factory Data Reset.
  • Now select Reset Device > Erase Everything.
  • Confirm the warnings and wait for the process to finish.
  • Once done, reboot your phone.

Solution 5 :

• Power off your device.
  • Once in, from the main menu, using Power key, select wipe data factory reset.
  • Select reboot system now and that’s about it.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn0f-98DM0o

Thank you