Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Still waiting answer

Customer Question

still waiting for the answer
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model number is *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i send a photo of the cable that i need the extension cable still no response
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today.

I do not see any photo attached in the chat session. Let me know what cable you are looking for i will help you acquire that online.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
extension cable for this model ua85s9amxxy is in the frame, it connects to the camera/ir and the bluetooth
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks

what is the brand name of the device you are looking for the cable for.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
samsung tv
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have paid already

Thanks. now let me know which cable you are looking for is it the hdmi cable or vga

you want to connect your camera directly to the tv is that correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they and they f**king me around

Please refrain using foul language we are professionals answering your question as you have requested for. We are not here to listen to your abusive language.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just need the part number so i can order
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Can you attach a picture of the cable your are requesting to your reply (using the paperclip icon above this text box) so that I can try to locate the cable for you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is a tv not computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The extension
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the one i send u the photo i need the other one
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok, so the picture you sent is of a cable that you do not need, correct? Maybe you could take a picture of where the cable that you do need would plug into on the TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is in the cabinet {frame}
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it connects to the camera and ir
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

ok ... which camera does it connect to?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the camera in the frame
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the part number for the picture i sent is BN96-27958A i need the part number for that extension cable
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Is this a TS01 or a TS02 model?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ts02 model
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Well, there are 427 pieces for that TV. It's going to take me awhile to try to go through this listing: http://www.sparepartsmarket.com.au/LG/ua85s9amxxy-version-ts02-c-14_3401_8871_18517_18519.html

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

So you are looking for an extension cable that will connect to BN96-27958A. Is that correct? Or, is this the piece you are looking for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thats correct
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Looking for extension cable that connects to BN96-27958A
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry but I am not able to find just the extension for that cable. I can only find the full assembly at this link: http://www.tvserviceparts.com/BN96-27958A.html

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Actually, I take that back. I checked the specs on that part number and this would work well for you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNC-female-bulkhead-Oring-to-DIN-1-0-2-3-male-Straight-RG179-Pigtail-cable-75ohm-/141473079358?hash=item20f073e03e:g:-ccAAOSw1-RUZ9uI

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if that looks right.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Doesn't look right
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok. What about it doesn't look right?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is male need the female please
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand what piece you are looking for. There is no "extension" available for the piece that you are showing in that photo that I can find. I am going to have to opt out and let someone else have a try.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do u know the device that the cable i send the photo connect to pls
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

it looks to be a ribbon cable

I think that you would want something like this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__51957__Mobius_ActionCam_External_Lens_Module_Extension_Ribbon_Cable_65mm.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwm8-6BRDgnb-Dk96UmRASJADbMycYeBuUpbwakpafbksm1XH-mM9qVW_lqU4tT6Z51CLGwhoCqmzw_wcB

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thats correct
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It looks like a ribbon cable that connects to the picture i send u and the other end splits to the camera and the Bluetooth
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
spareparts market i can't see the picture clear can you please send me another site that i can view the images clear please
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Are you looking for a cable that you know to exist (in other words, replacing a broken BN96-27958A cable)? Or are you trying to extend an existing cable (BN96-27958A) for some reason? If you are trying to extend a BN96-27958A, then the link that Robert M gave you could work (I haven't checked the specs so I can't say for sure). If you are trying to replace a broken BN96-27958A then you can find one here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/samsung-television-parts/BN96-27958A/0057/528/model-UN85S9AFXZATS01/1482/0333600.html

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have this part trying to extend an existing cable
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok, in that case then the answer Robert M gave you should be correct. As long as it is a straight through wire-for-wire with the correct dimensions as the BN96-27958A, then that would work. You would connect the male end to the controller board then connect your existing BN96-27958A to the female end of the extension that Robert M mentioned.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

But as far as I can tell there is no existing cable designed specifically for what you are attempting.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can u please tell what it is or is there any device that connects to it
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

I do not understand what you are asking.

it is a ribbon cable extender

its the closest i can find to what your picture looks to be

but unless we get a much better idea of what you are trying to do and what exactly the cable goes to and why you need it longer its going to be tough to give you a certain answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok can u check whether the ribon cable connects to a device in the frame if yes then thats the device i need for that ribbon cable i provide the part number for thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Why do you need the cable extended? Are you replacing a piece that got broken or just trying to modify the length for some other reason?

send us a picture of where both ends of the cable go. Because what you are asking for is NOT an extender cable. An extender cable just extends the cable that you already have and it would make no difference what it attaches to.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I dont have the picture but the ribbon cable i send the picture should have the female that it goes into or maybe there is a device that it connects to,it works with the bluetooth and the camera
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If not ancable then there should be a device i guess
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Have you ever had the device or cable that you are looking for? Or is this a repair that you're doing and that piece is missing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The frame itself got missing when moving house and got a new frame thats why
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

Ok. That makes more sense. Either Robert or I will try to find what you need now that we have a better idea of what to look for.

i would still need to know what each end connects to. what part isnt working ? I am really kind of lost on what this cable is and what it does.