Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Will Dragon work with Windows 10? How do I fix the problem?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanwer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, what is the version of your Dragon NaturallySpeaking software please?

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi!

You can use two options to fix Dragon not working with your Windows 10 computer:

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

1. Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on Properties.
  2. Click on the compatibility tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
  2. Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Also applies to Windows 10).
  3. Check if the issue is resolved.

Alternatively, I am sending you a remote services offer if you would like for me to connect to your computer to fix it for you.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

Old versions of Dragon NaturallySpeaking software (Version 10, 11 or 12) are not compatible with Windows 10,

You can uninstall your old Dragon naturally speaking version by following the steps at the link below :

https://goo.gl/nmAzTr

Once you uninstall it please restart your computer and download and install the latest version of Dragon naturally speaking in order to resolve the compatibility issues.

Thank you

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry for any confusion -- You can run the older version of the software on Windows 10. Let me know if you have any questions

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.