Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I just bought the Lenovo Yoga 900. The fan is CONSTANTLY

Customer Question

Hi! I just bought the Lenovo Yoga 900. The fan is CONSTANTLY going and is super loud. Anything I can do? It is driving me crazy to the point I want to return the computer. I have never had a fan run so much and be so loud
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Here are a few things you can try to get it running a bit cooler and quieter :

1-End intensive processes : Your fan will start making noise whene you're running CPU-intensive processes, like games or video conversions, ect.. If you aren't doing one of these things, you'll definitely want to see if another process is eating up your CPU for no reason.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager, Check the processes tab to see if anything's taking up an abnormally large precent of your CPU's power—usually, if something's out of control, it'll be up close to 100. (Note that the System Idle Process is allowed to be that high)

2-Buy A Laptop Cooler : Due to their nature, size and increasing amounts of power; laptops seem to just get hotter and hotter.

A laptop cooler can be a good idea, it can alleviate this issue by artificially increasing airflow to your laptop's critical components.

3-Clean Your Fans : you can open up your laptop and dig around. You'll definitely want to clear all the dust out of your laptop, since this can cause overheating which could make your fans blow loudly. And, if your fans are really dusty, they could get especially noisy too.

4-Use SpeedFan software : you might want to install software that controls the speed of your fan. By limiting the speed you can vastly reduce the noise produced, though your laptop : http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

(click on SpeedFan 4.51).

If the problem persits, I would definitely suggest to contact Lenovo to make a warranty repair/replacement :

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/contact/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated.If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help.

Note : Only rate if you are satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied,
if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.