Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have windows 10 - browser edge not working just shows a

Customer Question

I have windows 10 - browser edge not working just shows a blue screen with e in the centre.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with Microsoft Edge. Please try these steps, and then kindly post back to let me know if it helps resolve the issue for you:

Step 1: Close Microsoft Edge browser, if it’s running.

Step 2: Open up File Explorer, click View and then check Hidden items box to view all hidden folders. This is required as some folders like AppData are hidden by default.

Step 3: Navigate to the following location:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages

Replace “UserName” with your user name.

Tip: You can quickly navigate to the above location, by pasting the path in Run command box.

Step 4: Look for the folder named Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe and delete it. When you press or click Delete, you might get the confirmation dialog. Click Yes button.

You will see the following dialog with Preparing to recycle from Packages message. It might take about 10 minutes to discover all items in that folder.

You might see the following dialog with “Do you want to permanently delete this folder? The folder contains items whose names are ***** ***** for the Recycle Bin” message. Simply click Yes button.

Windows 10 will take a couple of minutes to delete this or items of this folder. If you get the following dialog with Are you sure you want to delete it? Message, click Yes.

If it refuses to delete some files, click Skip.

Step 5: Close all running apps and restart your PC.

Step 6: Launch PowerShell as administrator. This can be done by typing PowerShell in Start menu or taskbar search box, right-clicking on PowerShell entry and then clicking Run as administrator option.

Step 7: Once PowerShell is launched, navigate to your user account’s directory by executing the following command.

cd C:\users\yourusername

Replace “yourusername” with your actual user name of your account.

Step 8: Finally, copy and paste the following command in the prompt and then press Enter key.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Once the command is executed successfully, you will see “Operation completed for” message.

That’s it! Restart your computer once again. You should now be able to launch and use the Edge browser without any issues.

Hi again! If you're still having trouble, we do offer a premium service by which I can work on your computer directly and resolve this issue for you. I will send you an "offer" and if you want to proceed, just click ACCEPT and we'll setup a time to get this done for you!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Hello again! It's been awhile since we chatted, so I wanted to check back in and make sure the problem you were experiencing with Microsoft Edge is now resolved? Please let me know when you can...we want to keep working with you if you are still experiencing issues!