GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I just bought a fitbit activity tracker. It call bongle to

Customer Question

I just bought a fitbit blaze activity tracker. It call for a bongle to set it up that was not in the package
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi Charles! Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Congrats on a great deal!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Can you tell me please what Operating System is on the computer that you are using to set it up with? Or are you using a phone or other device? If you're using a computer and you're nt sure what OS you have please try this:

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

I'm attaching a copy of the user manual for you in pdf format. you can save it to your computer for future reference or print it out.

Page 7 of the manual explains Setting up your Bitbit Blaze. You can use a mobile device with the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10 mobile devices, PC Windows 10 with the same Fitbit app for Windows mobile devices, or PC Windows 8.1 and below using the wireless sync dongle. (meaning that you only need the dongle if you have a Windows version older than 10.) You will however, need to install the FitBit App.

Find the Fitbit app in one of these locations, depending on your device:

• The Apple App Store® for iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.

• The Google Play™ Store for Android devices such as the Samsung

Galaxy S5 and Motorola Droid Turbo.

• The Windows® Store for Windows 10 mobile devices such as the Lumia

phone or Surface tablet.

This is from the Windows 8.1 and below section:

Note: Unless you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll need to purchase a wireless sync

dongle from fitbit.com/store in order to set up your tracker.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

If youare using a computer with Windows 8 or an earlier version and you don't have a phone or tablet that can be used with the Fitbit app to set it up, you can purchase a dongle directly from the Fitbit store for 19.99 here (https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/wireless-sync-dongle) or you can get a slightly chaeaper brand that is said to be compatible from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Cherrylee%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Wireless-Compatible-Activity/dp/B00WQY7STO/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1464909134&sr=8-14&keywords=fit+bit+wireless+sync+dongle.

I hope that I have provided the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

.