Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Name is *.Had computer information last night of Zeus virus

Customer Question

Hi.Name is William *.Had computer information last night of Zeus virus attack and had to call a number given at supposedly Microsoft to fix problem which i did.Agent named Peter came through on a support window and detailed that many things had been stopped or infected as. Long story short i panicked and hastily followed his advice,he put me through to his supervisor (Steve @ ***-***-****00) who was then going to fix problem.However this would cost for 2yr tech.support and lifetime security progam atotal sum of $698 dollars reduced to $599 as we were old age pensioners.I agreed to his requests and some other A1 Tech (#3345 ) completed job removing problems and adding other tools to the computer.A Fed X person is to pick up Cheque from me this morning .Have I been Duped? Should I hand over Cheque .What to do .Computer is working.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Did you got this phone number to call on Zeus virus attack screen?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 10 which is totally restored.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK

Did you got this Microsoft phone number on that Zeus virus attack screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No . Just want to know if i must pay cheque or was i falsely conned by a false microsoft alert.Please read intoductory info. or am i not now speaking to microsoft?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sir/Ma'am this is justanswer which is a paid support providing site. We do not have any tie up with companies like Microsoft or MSN but we can also help you fix the issue you are facing. We have been online for the past 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/about-us Please let me know whether you want to continue with our tech support.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you no.How do I retract information about visa card?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sir you do not want to continue with our tech support.

Microsoft doesn't have dedicated tech support at this cost so let me know whether you want to cancel this question.

Sincerely,

john

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
John Sorry.We are running in circles.Please cancel everything.Please retract my visa information.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sir we are not running in circles,if you want to continue with our tech-support i can help you and give you the information about this virus attack message.

Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have said before i do not want any support now.Thank you.Must go.Appreciate your help.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

The message you got on the screen regarding zeus virus is a scam message.

I will request customer service to cancel this question and refund the amount.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
John Thanks for the reply but I really do not need special extra support
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I am not offering you any extra support.

I will request customer service to cancel this question and refund the amount.please do not reply back that will bring the question back to me.

Sincerely,