Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

I have a business google site BUT I do not know my username

Customer Question

i have a business google site BUT I do not know my username or my password ***** access the account.
PLEASE have someone give me a call to help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is it possible for you to call me on my phone first?

I cannot call unfortunately, i can only connect. If this is a google apps for business issue, then i'll be able to resolve it with remote service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
explain something to me. by my giving you access to my computer, you will be able to get me the username and password ***** my google account?

Yes, you guessed it right. What is your domain name associated with the google apps account?

I can try to do this without remoting in as well.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
reganorthodontics.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I guess I would prefer that if I cannot actaully speak with you. I just need to know how to access my google account. I believe the acct name is
***@******.***

i thought the domain was associated but this isn't the case. It's a gmail account password *****'re trying to reset.

When did you create this Google Account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
oh Kamil-
this is the problem I had someone else set this up for me last year and I do not remember when and they do not seem to have any of the past info.any ideas on what I should do at this point?

Unfortunately, i do not have more ideas without this information so i will opt out and open this question to other experts. Once an expert responds, you will be notified here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok. thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'ll have to go through the process of trying to recover the password ***** your account. Google will ask for some different information, depending on how you answer each question, so you can prove it's really your account. To begin the process:

1) Navigate to: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

2) Select I don't know my password

3) Type *****@******.*** in the Email Address box and select Continue.

Unfortunately, I can't really give you step-by-step instructions beyond here because the steps depend on how you answer the questions and the information you can provide. But give this a try and chat me back to let me know how else I can help or if this takes care of your issue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi steve
so I went thru the process and changed my password ***** it feels like i have been doing this all along and then it occurred to me - is this information for my personal google acct? do I have a personal google acct? or is this for the business google account for Regan Orthodontics?
it is the business account I want to access.
thanks
marge regan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you able to help me with accessing my google account? i would prefer
a phone call please.(###) ###-####thank youmarjorie regan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
steve-
I really think I have confused everybody.
what I need is the use name and password ***** our BUSINESS account, which is***@******.***.this was set up by a company that I stopped working with 2014. they no longer have our business records on file.I would like to get access to the google site for Regan Orthodontics. Can you/someone help me do that?thanks
marge regan
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.

Hi Marge,

If your business account uses the email address***@******.***, that means you have a Google account and a Gmail account with the username***@******.***. Once you can log in to Google or Gmail with that username, you'll have access to everything related to the account, whether it's personal or business.

So I think the steps I provided are the right first steps to getting you access. You need to be able to log in to Google with that username as a first step to getting into your account, whether it's personal or business.

Can you give that a try and let me know what happens?

Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.

Hi Marge,