Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a lenovo y40 and every time I try and play a game my

Customer Question

I have a lenovo y40 and every time I try and play a game my pc crashes and says THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER and it is making it almost useless for what I need
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir have you tried updating the video driver?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im not shure, and i have windows 10 OS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
also what would the video driver be to updste, Amd?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I believe your laptop have AMD video chip .To make sure could you please provide the full model of the Lenovo laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it says 80fa
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

That seems to be incomplete.

Could you please let me know the serial number of the laptop

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would that be the factory id?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i just checked and it says amd was up to date but my intell i7 needed updated
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

This link will help you locate the model and serial number : - https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/find-product-name

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

If its showing video driver up to date by windows update then we need to do a clean install of the driver after its removed completely. i7 is the system processor did you see that its outdated in device manager or any other application?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
mp09cbzn
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Did this laptop came windows 8 installed in it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it did
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly and do the necessary. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i would but sadly i can not currently afford to pay 40 dollars to have that.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any other tips you can give me besides to check for updates, if no i will do that and see how it goes
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I can understand in that case i will give you some instructions to do could you please do it,then check it and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, i may be a minute after, if it dosen't work, because if it dosnt it will result in my pc crashing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
also did you take over my laptop for a second or was that Intel installing updates?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

No i didn't take over your computer.Let it install the updates after that please download the driver remove tool using this link :- http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,1.html the download will start within 5 seconds download and run it.The you will get a option to Clean and restart (this will remove the video driver completely)

After the restart please download the AMD video driver using this link :- http://tinyurl.com/q53b93d this is a tool to automatically detect the video driver required for your laptop and then install it.

After its installed restart the PC and then check it.Please let me know the result

Note: - Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page in case you need to restart the PC or you have accidently closed this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all it did was ask me to extract it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nvm i ound were it put the file
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I am not clear what you meant by the above reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it says no supported amd hardware detected
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

The above given driver detecting tool only works if your laptop have AMD video chip.if it doesn't work then its a Intel video chip working in your laptop
Which you can get it using this Intel driver detecting tool : - http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu
Once its installed run the scan on it and it will detect the correct driver for your laptop, click on download and then install it.Restart the laptop and check it
Let me know the result
john

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sir did you remove the display driver using the tool i gave and then update the Intel driver using the update tool?

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sir checking to see whether you still need my help.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.