Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I am trying to add a shared printer and I get this message

Customer Question

I am trying to add a shared printer and I get this message "The Active Directory Domain Se5rvices is currently unavailable". I just fixed the spooler and this computer sees a few printers but not the one I regularly use.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The computer is an HP EliteBook 8740W Model:VG305AV. The printer is an HP MFP277 PCL 6. I am running windows 10.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: Only that this computer was just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and everything worked properly under Windows 7
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

What is the brand/model of the printer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HP Coler LaserJet pro MFP M277dw

I am sorry about that, I just seen the model of your HP printer in your post.

I can check on this for you with a secure remote screen connect session.

If you prefer to check this yourself, >>>click here<<< then click on the red Check Now Button.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!