Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Forgot password cromebook

Customer Question

Forgot password ***** hp cromebook
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it give you any option at the password ***** login page?

What's the model of your HP Chromebook, such as 14-x010nr? Please check at the back / bottom of your HP Chromebook.

Is it okay to reset the HP Chromebook fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- On a working computer (or tablet or smartphone), go to the website below:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

, then there, select the option "I don't know my password", then enter the email address as shown on the HP Chromebook, if any, then click on Continue and follow the instructions there in order to reset the password, and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. On the sign-in screen, hold down at the same time the 4 keys: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R.

2. In the Powerwash your Chrome device window, click Reset / Restart / Powerwash, and confirm if prompted.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,