Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

WHy is Navigation Cancelled appearing on my desktop. I have

Customer Question

WHy is Navigation Cancelled appearing on my desktop. I have been a Chrome user for years ahd have never experienced this problem before.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you get this error when trying to access ANY website on Chrome now, or just for a specific website?

May I set up a quick remote session to troubleshoot the issue directly now?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 6 months ago.

This "Navigation Cancelled" error usually shows up due to malware/virus hijacking the browser and preventing it from functioning normally. To resolve this issue, please carry out the following steps on the affected system:

First off, open up the following link in another browser, e.g. Internet Explorer (or you can download the file from any other computer and transfer to the affected computer):

www.surfright.com

Download the Hitman Pro tool from the page, and then open it up.

When program opens, click Next, and then select "Run a one-time scan to check this computer" and click Next.

It will take some time to complete scanning for security threats; after it's done, click Next.

At the next screen, click on the button to activate the FREE 30-day trial, and then remove the security threats detected.

Restart your computer when prompted; this should resolve all of your issue with Chrome thereafter.

Do keep me posted. If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.
And, if you could click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.